When it comes to idea generation model, this module proposes an adaptation of the methodology designed by Jeffrey Baumgartner (“An Introduction to Idea Management”, 2008), as presented next.
Challenges depends on company to company. It means that we can see lots of different types of challenges, for instance in the departments, or in the whole company.
“However each challenge should have the same criteria:
- It must be short question focused on one issue
- It should not be ambiguous
- It should start with those types of questions: “What kinds of … might we..?”, “In what ways might we..?”
- It should be only focused on basic information, not include background
- It should not include criteria
- It should not include solutions”
This approach is useful when looking for a clear guidance on idea generation by providing focus to the participants.
For an introduction to idea management please check the following: