Different companies in different industries will have different cultures. The culture of a company consists of the shared values, ideas, attitudes, opinions and practices of the company’s employees, which give meaning to what they do, in line with rules of behaviour accepted within the organisation.
- How do the employees act?
- Look for common behaviours and visible symbols.
The company image is the way in which clients, employees, the community, competitors, etc. perceive your company and its products. It is the combination of the thoughts, feelings, beliefs, opinions and visions people have about you, your products and services, and your company. Image is a part of everything you do, including written materials, the way you deal with customers, what people notice about you, etc..
- What visions, feelings and thoughts come to mind when you think about your company?
- Your company logo. Does it evoke the desired thoughts and feelings in your target audience?
- Your website. Is it full of wild colours or conservative and designed with muted colours?
- The look and feel of your business cards, letterhead and invoices. A look is created by colour, paper quality and fonts.
- How do employees interact with customers in person and on the phone?
- How is your phone answered?