Introduction and Learning Objectives
The entrepreneur is widely regarded as an integral player in the business culture of European life, and particularly as an engine for job creation and economic growth.
Entrepreneurship has assumed super importance for accelerating economic growth both in developed and developing countries. It promotes capital formation and creates wealth in country. It is hope and dreams of millions of individuals around the world. It reduces unemployment and poverty and it is a pathway to prosper.
Given entrepreneurship’s potential to support economic growth, it is the policy goal of many governments to develop a culture of entrepreneurial thinking. This can be done in a number of ways: by integrating entrepreneurship into education systems, legislating to encourage risk-taking, and national campaigns.
At the end of this module you will
- Have a greater understanding of what makes an Entrepreneur, their motivations, and the barriers they face
- Know the most widely used indicators for measuring enterprise and entrepreneurial activity.
- Understand the problems and issues faced by Migrant/Immigrant Entrepreneurs
- Understand the specific requirements for assisting Migrant/ Immigrant Entrepreneurs to help start up businesses
- Understand the problems and issues faced by Female Entrepreneurs
- Understand the specific requirements for assisting Female Entrepreneurs to help start up businesses